Thursday, February 27, 2014

Vogue 1314 - My Pattern Review

VOGUE 1314

 
Pattern Sizing: Size 8. Pattern runs a little big.

Did it look like the pattern photo/drawing on the pattern envelope? Yes, it did


Pattern Description:  Pullover, close-fitting, lined dress has draped sides and narrow hem.
 
Pattern Sizing: The pattern runs large; I recommend going down a size.

Did it look like the pattern photo/drawing on the pattern envelope? Yes, it did.  
We're the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, they were easy. 
Why did you choose this pattern?  The fit and the ruching attracted me to this pattern.
                                    
                 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I love the ruching in the front and back and the fit.  
Fabric used?  Vogue recommended moderate stretch knits for the dress and stretch mesh or tricot for the lining.  I used a nice weight, emerald knit.  The color is really pretty but the lighting in the pics isn’t the bestL.  I lined the dress with a lighter weight knit.  Both fabrics are from my stash YAY-- that’s two pieces down!


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made.  I didn't make any changes to the pattern.  
Which sewing machines did you use?  I used a serger for construction and finished the hem the sewing machine.
Would you sew this again? Yes, I will more than likely make another one at some point.  I have so many patterns to queued, it may be a while, but you never know.
Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I highly recommend this pattern.

Conclusion:  I’m really happy with the way it turned out.

5 comments:

  1. This dress is gorgeous on you! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very elegant on you :)
    And great blog too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab! What a great dress and my favourite colour! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I am wanting to sew this one up soon but I also would like to use my serger. Do you know if I use my serger if I would size down or up?

    ReplyDelete