Thursday, March 6, 2014

Feeling Royal

Did you know the houndstooth  pattern was adopted by the upper class as a symbol of wealth durning the 1930s?  The fabric originated in Scotland in the 1800's, and was originally worn as an outer garment by shepherds.

McCall's 6884 
 Description:  Close-fitting, pullover, mock-wrap dress.

Size: 6-14 and 14-22.  I sewed view B in a size 10.

We're the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, they were easy to follow.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope?  Yes, my dress looked like the sketch on the envelope.

Why did you choose this pattern?  Honestly, it was on sale at Jo-Ann Fabrics for $1.00 and I'm a pattern hoarder.  

What fabric did you use?  I used a medium-weight, moderate stretch knit from G Street Fabrics, as recommended by McCall's.

What pattern changes or design alterations did you make?  I added two inches to the length.  I also used clear elastic around the neckline to avoid possible flashing.

Which sewing machines did you use?  I used my serger.

Would you sew this again?  I don't have any plans to make another one, unless I come across the perfect fabric.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would recommend it to others. I really like the dress.  It was an easy to sew pattern.
   
 
Thanks for visiting!  Please come again!!


10 comments:

  1. Very nice looking and fitting dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this was a knit? Love it and you look amazing!
    Rosebud
    seam2seam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.... U look amazing... I'm adding u to my list of blogs to follow... Snapping my fingers "Yes"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress! It is very flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking dress. I probably wouldn't have used a houndstooth, but your choice makes the outfit. I really need to be more adventurous in patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great dress - now I want one.

    ReplyDelete