Tuesday, March 11, 2014

More Stash Busting with Butterick 5673

I am still on my stash busting mission.  I promised myself that I would use some of the fabric I own before I purchase anymore.  For those fellow fabricholics out there, you know how hard that is.  But I'm trying. 

Winter is coming to an end soon, I hope.  So I wanted to make something that's versatile enough for me to wear now and transition into early spring, with fabric and a pattern from my stash.  Check out Butterick 5673, it's an old pattern and I believe out-of-print.

This close-fitting, unlined, dress has neck band, princess seams, below elbow length sleeves, midriff and side invisible zipper closing.  The instructions were straightforward and easy to follow.  I sewed my usual size 10 (I wear a 4 rtw).  My finished dressed looked just like the picture on the envelope.
What did you like or dislike about the pattern? I like everything about the pattern and have no dislikes.
What fabric did you use?  I used a double knit fabrics, I think they're Ponte-Roma knits, and a nylon knit fusible interfacing as suggested.

What pattern alterations and/or design changes did you make?  I didn't make any changes to this pattern other than adding my normal two inches to the length. 

Which sewing machines did you use?  I constructed most of the dress with the Serger and top stitched it with the sewing machine.
Would you sew this again?  Yes, I may make a short sleeve version for the summer.
 If you're able to get your hands on this pattern, I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress and you look terrific in it! Thanks for sharing the size you sewed and also the size you wear in RTW. I sometimes let the number differences bother me and it helpful to be confirmed that the sizes are very different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... I found your blog via Google plus communities and I was realy intrigued so I decided to pay you a visit ... BTW this it is a very stylish dress.
    Ciao, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty dress, and yes I understand how hard it is to not buy more until you use up some of the fabric you have. My fear is what if a use it all and have nothing left the horror lol. Oh and I love your hair, your gray is wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete