Monday, March 17, 2014

The Winter that won't go away

A taste of spring this weekend  got me excited; Saturday we were up to almost 70 degrees.   I had a great weekend.  I Attended my Church's Women's Season Prayer Service Saturday morning #GodIsAWonder.  I got 10,000 steps teaching my noon line dance class.  YAY!!  I went to Church Sunday morning, and afterwards, I made a pit stop to the fabric store.  Why not, since I used some of my stash, I had to replace it.  Don't judge me. Then it snowed again...we got at least five inches. 
Another snew day...Vogue 8944 in neutrals. 

Pattern Description:  Loose-fitting, lined dress has yoke front, back zipper and narrow hem.  Topstitching.
Sizes:  6 - 22.  I sewed a 10.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, they were clear and easy to follow.  It wasn't until I finished the dress, that I had an UH-OH moment when realized I had an extra pattern piece left.  It was just one lonely yoke, laying beside my sewing machine. Talk about being confused.  I have a tendency to not really read the instructions; I usually kinda gloss over them.  But this time, after I finished the dress, I picked up the instructions and read them from the beginning to the end.  There's definitely a typo on the pattern piece, it's instructed me to cut 2, but I only need one. WHEW. 

What did you like or dislike about the pattern? With all the snow, I was in my spring sewing mode. 

What fabric did you use? The recommended fabrics are Crepe, Ponte Knit, Linen Blends.  I chose Crepe in white, beige and black. 

What pattern alterations or design changes did you make?  I altered the flared  skirt to a straight skirt.  The flared skirt didn't drape well on me.  So, I cut the flare.



  V8944
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope? Sort of, mine is straight.  
 


Which sewing machines did you use? I used my sewing machine for the majority of the construction.

Would you sew it again?  I have no plans to sew this one again.  

Would you recommend it to others? I would recommend it to others.

Conclusion:  According to the calendar, spring begins this week even though you wouldn't know it by looking out the window.  This is a great addition to my spring wardrobe, once spring arrives!   




10 comments:

  1. You are on a roll with these gorgeous dresses:) Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love creating and wearing dresses.

      Delete
  2. Hi, this is Debb ... I love your blog ... keep sewing and posting. Love, Love; but, don't forget us on facebook, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debb! I thought I replied already, hmmm. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can't and won't forget my Facebook group!

      Delete
  3. Just discovered your blog. Love your beautiful dresses, but you are my kind of person! Line dancing AND sewing!! I can't find the time to do all I want to do in a day, even staying up late at night. Do you work too? I certainly don't have time to keep up with a blog but do appreciate those of you who do. Thanks for letting us see what you are creating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! Yep, I teach 5 line dance classes a week, work a full time job and try to squeeze some sewing time into my week. Whew, made me tired just typing all of this. LOL I run out of time and energy and don't get the chance to blog as often as I'd like.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi April, I love your version of this dress ! I think I'm going to make one too, but I was wondering : how do you wash black and white fabrics together ? Doesn't the black part bleed on the lighter colors ?

    ReplyDelete