Tuesday, March 4, 2014

When it's cold outside...start on a spring wardrobe

It's freezing cold in DC, so I decided to warm things up by sewing something for the spring. 

First up, an out-of-print pattern, Butterick 5852


 
Pattern Description:  Fitted, lined dress has bias neck binding, yoke, seam detail, and back zipper.
 

Pattern Sizing: (6-8-10-12-14), (14-16-18-20-22) I made a Size 10.

Did it look like the pattern photo/drawing on the pattern envelope? Yes, it did.



Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, the instructions were easy to follow. 

Why did you choose this pattern?  I was drawn to the color-blocking as well as the asymmetrical design.
  
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I have no dislikes. I really like the pattern
  
Fabric used?  Butterick recommended Crepes, Jacquards, Faille, and Stable Knits.  I used two shades of blue, polyester crepe from G Street Fabrics.  The lining fabric was from my stash.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made.  I didn't make any changes to the pattern.  I made View B sleeveless.


Which sewing machines did you use?  I used the sewing machine for construction and a serger on the hem.  I did the opposite the lining.  I serged the lining and sewed the hem on the machine.
 
Would you sew this again? Yes, I would sew this one again.
  
Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I highly recommend this pattern.

Conclusion: 
Spring is just around the corner and I’ll be ready!
 





3 comments:

  1. This dress looks gorgeous on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress! The colors just shout "Spring!" I can't wait until it warms up here in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is gorgeous and the color is amazing against your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete