Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's been a long time

Shout out to Debbie Bennett, for reminding how much time had lapsed since my last post. 

It's been a while--sew, let me catch you up...May was a very exciting month.  I won a $25 voucher from G Street Fabrics for sharing my work in the first week. Thanks G Street Fabrics!!  
 
I spent the second week in Los Angeles with my daughter and in-laws.  Thanks to Kelly Horton's recommendation, I ventured out to the fabric district.  I browsed several, twenty, thirty, maybe more, fabric stores and purchased a few pieces from Michael Levine Fabrics, Lady Fabric and Fashion Deco Fabrics. I stopped at JoAnn's leaving the fabric district and picked up a couple of more pieces of fabric.  Not that I needed anymore, but as I've said before, "Hi, my name is April and I'm a fabric-holic."
 I used one piece of my new fabric purchase on Vogue 8946. 

 

A close-fitting, partially lined dress has front seam/dart detail, pleats, narrow hem and back zipper.  It was a very easy pattern, that I love.  I used a two-way stretch fabric from JoAnn Fabrics in Los Angeles and lined it with a knit from G-Street Fabrics.  The pattern called for a zipper in the back, but the fabric and lining were both stretchy enough, that I didn't need one.  I'll definitely make this dress again and I highly recommend it to others.  One down, five to go!
 
I also joined the Make a Garment a Month Challenge.  Thanks for adding me, but with all the graduations and celebrations, I didn't get a lot of sewing done. 
   



3 comments:

  1. Vogue 8946 is gorgeous on you. LOVE that lively summer print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress and the perfect marriage of fabric and pattern.

    ReplyDelete