Sunday, August 31, 2014

Butterick 5786 and Casual Friday

I made this a while age, Butterick 5786.  Please excuse the wrinkles, it's linen.



Pattern Description: Loose-fitting shirt has collar band, mock front bands, shaped hemline and narrow hem. A and B: bias front and back. B: stitched sleeve hems. Collar band A, B, C, D, collar and cuffs C and D: cut on crosswise grain of fabric.

Pattern Sizing: (8-10-12-14-16), F5(16-18-20-22-24).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it looked like the drawing on the pattern envelope.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't use them, there were only 4 pieced

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Fabric Used: I particularly like the asymmetrical hem. There are no dislikes.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't make any alterations or design changes.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would definitely recommend it to others. I will probably make another one some day, but I have a lot of other patterns on deck, at the moment.

Conclusion: Quick and easy top pattern.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous top! You always look so nice in the clothes you make.

    ReplyDelete