Sunday, August 3, 2014

First Sunday Style

Vogue 1205, a close-fitting, tapered, above mid-knee, lined dress  has front gathers, shaped seams, back darts, back invisible zipper and back vent. 

This is one of my stash patterns.  The sizes range from 8-22.

I purchased the Spearmint Knit from G-Street Fabrics, earlier this year.  The dress is lined with a spearmint knit from my stash, I can't remember where I picked it up. 

I typically don't read pattern instructions, I tend to construct garments like a puzzle. But this one, whew, I made a mess and had to take it apart a time or two.  After reading the instructions from beginning to end, I was able to finish the dress.  I didn't make any changes or alterations to the pattern other than adding my usual two inches to the length. 

While I'm very pleased with my dress, I have no plans to make it again.  One is definitely enough.  I would, however, recommend it to others, but please read the instructions first. 

2 comments: