Sunday, August 24, 2014

Orange Creamsicle Dress --Vogue 1382

That's what comes to mind when I look at this dress. 

MISSES' DRESS: Semi-fitted, lined dress (fitted through bust) has yokes,
side front seams, pockets and invisible back zipper.
 
Pattern Sizing: (8-10-12-14-16), (18-20-22-24).
Did it look like the pattern photo/drawing on the pattern envelope? Yes, it
did.
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, they were easy, I actually skimmed them. 
Why did you choose this pattern?  In addition to buying fabric I enjoy
buying patterns.  I purchased this one when it was released by Vogue and
finally got around to making it.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I also like
color-block.
Fabric used?  Vogue recommended Broadcloth, Crepe and Linen.  I used
a polyester crepe fabric and lining from JoAnn Fabrics.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made.  
I used three colors instead of two.  
Which sewing machines did you use?  I used both my sewing machine and serger. 
Would you sew this again? I like making two variations of the
same pattern and I’m considering making a winter version.
Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would recommend it others.

Conclusion:  I'm pleased with my creamsicle dress.  It's a very stylish and came together nicely.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Really nice! Glad I found your blog on pattern review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make me want to see this. I like the color of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bright colors against your skin, and that dress is simple but sassy, love the pockets! ~Michelle www.thatblackchic.com

    ReplyDelete