Friday, August 1, 2014

Take Two...Butterick 5752

 I like this pattern so much, I made it twice. 

Butterick 5752, a partially lined dress has front neckline pleats, side front/side back seams, close-fitting bodice, semi-fitted skirt with raised waist, and invisible back zipper. 

The pattern sizes range from 6-22.  I used the serger and sewing machine to construct the dresses.  My finished dresses look like the photo on the pattern envelope and the instructions were easy to follow. 

I used Stretch Sateen to make both dresses as recommended by Butterick.  The fabrics were purchased from Hancock Fabrics a while ago.

I cut the brown fabric first, added two inches to the length, and finished it, too easy.  I liked the dress so much that I got excited and proceeded to cut the green fabric, but I forgot to lengthen it, so it's a little short.  Since I prewashed the fabrics before constructions, I'm not worried about shrinkage. 
 
Would I sew this again?  No, I think two's enough.  But I wish I'd seen SewWil's version of the dress with the piping, on Pattern Review before I made the second one. That was a nice touch.  

 

 

2 comments: