Butterick recommended Gaberdine, Crepe, Linen and Faille. I didn't note the type of fabric I purchased but I do know, it's none of the above. I think it's a Cotton or Cotton blend of some sort. My fabric was easy to sew, but the finished dress is stiff, even though I pre-washed it.
I chose this pattern because my fabric was similar to the fabric illustrated on the pattern envelope. One of the advantages to sewing, is I can be as creative as I want and design one of a kinds. On the flip side, I don't have to be creative and copy the envelope. I love sewing!
I made view C with long sleeves and didn't make any changes or alterations to the pattern other than adding two inches to the length. The bodice is lined with lining from my stash. The dress was very easy and the instructions appear to be very easy to follow. I say appear, because I didn't use them but skimmed over them while writing this post.
This pattern is on my long make-again list. However, the next time I make it, I'll probably use a softer fabric similar to one of those recommended by Butterick. Final shot, black and white in black and white.