Sunday, May 17, 2015

April didn't post in April

April was a very bust month for me, I didn't have time to post.  It's May already and I'm just posting my MAGAM April project, Marching towards Spring.   This is the second time around for this pattern.   This dress was also suppose to be an entry in a PR Popular Pattern contest last month, had I finished and posted it then. 

Pattern Description:  McCall's 6886...

Close-fitting, pullover dress.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done?  Yes, it did.   I made the sleeveless version.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  I didn't read the instructions, but I can't imagine them not being easy to follow.  There were only two pieces, the front and back.  The most difficult and time consuming part was centering the design during the pattern layout. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  In addition to being a very quick and easy dress pattern, it's a perfect pattern to show off the paisley design in the fabric. 

Fabric Used: I picked the paisley knit up from G-Street Fabrics a couple of years ago and had planned to make a skirt with it, but the fabric was better suited for this dress.  The black Ponte was also stash fabric from JoAnn's. 



Pattern alterations or any design changes made: Other than using two different fabrics, I didn't make any alterations or design changes.  However, my husband says the dress is too long, I'll probably shorten it before I wear it again. 

Would you sew it again?   I don't think I'll make  this one again.  Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, I would recommend McCall's 6886 to others.

Conclusion:  This is a quick and easy pattern.   I love making and wearing this dress! 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a stunning dress! I love the fabrics you chose and the style suits you very well. I do like this length on you; I don't think it's too long. I guess it's a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't think it was too long either. I probably won't make anything else midi-length.

      Delete
    2. I love the paisley print, well, I love paisley. The dress looks very nice on you. I don't think it's too long. This length really showcase the paisley design.

      Delete
  2. beautiful dress, I'm pooped from sewing for the PR wardrobe too lol!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I knew better than to join that contest. Oh, but next year I'll be ready!

      Delete
  3. How did you do the neckline? I started this same pattern would need help. I saw your post on the Facebook sewing group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creative Spirit, I used single fold bias tape on the neck line. Use a solid or print that doesn't have to be matched or centered and you'll be fine.

      Delete
  4. I love the colors of the dress. It looks easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous dress. Excellent job on centering the design. Hubby is right. Why hide those fabulous legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's exactly what he said. LOL

      Delete
  6. Love it! It looks so elegant on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your are stunning in this! Beautiful pattern placement!

    ReplyDelete