Sunday, May 31, 2015

Simplicity 1167

Let me tell you what happened one day earlier this month.  I was out for a drive and my car took over, held me hostage and drove itself to G-Street Fabrics.  It gets better... and wouldn't leave the parking lot until I went into the store.   I tried to resist.  It was like a scary movie, my nav kept yelling at me "get out the car!"  I'm a fabricholic, so I got out the car and went shopping lol.  I only purchased a couple of pieces though.  Well, a couple is two, I actually bought four pieces, so I guess that makes it a few.  I had a cart full of fabric and left most of it on the cutting table.  I could've done some real damage... ijs.  G-Street has some pretty knits, and the way they drape them at the end of the tables hmmm, they (not sure who they are) made me buy two cuts.  They also made me buy a tie-dyed cotton and a knit from the discount table.  After an afternoon of forced shopping, I returned to my car and it finally drove me home. 

My usual routine is to wash/dry clean newly purchased fabric as soon as I get home, which I did.  Then I would take it to my sewing room and add it to my stash, that's what I do.  But this time I took  the fabric from the laundry room straight to my cutting table because couldn't go into June with new fabric. 

The first garment used was the floral dress in  my previous post.  The other garments, tops using Simplicity 1167, Misses' Sportswear, Mimi G Style Collection. 

Maybe it's me, because the description on this envelope simply reads Knit tank top, nothing else.  My pattern description would be:  Hi-low hem, knit tank top with side slits. 
   
The tops look just like the photo on the pattern envelope, once I was done.


I skimmed the pattern layout while I was in the store because I didn't see bias tape listed as a notion.  That's when I found out there were four pattern pieces: front, back, arm and neck facings.  I didn't read the instructions but I can't imagine them being too difficult with only four pieces.   

 
I didn't make any pattern alterations or design changes.  The tanks were easy to make and I would recommend the top to others.  
 
Made, worn and posted this month!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely tanks and the colors look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm going to have to use "the car kidnapped me" story. I love your tops. The fabric prints are beautiful, and they fit you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love both outfits. You really know how to work your fabrics in harmony. Very vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when my car drives me to g street fabrics as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice pattern! your outfits turned out fantastic & you look great in them!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. That darn car!!! Don't you just hate when they take over and end up right in the end! LOL!! The result is FABULOUS! Love, love, lovve them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors. I'm collecting patterns April, I really need to begin sewing again. You are making me feel the mojo! That blue though! You are killing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete