Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July Fashion

I wore Butterick 6206 to a family reunion dinner this weekend.  The pattern is a pullover dress with close-fitting bodice variations, elasticized waist, and narrow hem.

 
The dress looked just like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope.  There were only four pattern pieces to this dress.  The instructions were very easy to follow, even though I didn't need them.   I made this dress in the morning and wore that evening.

I used the recommended lightweight moderate knit fabric in a navy stripe, from my stash.  I can't remember where I purchased the fabric, either G-Street Fabrics or JoAnn.  It could've been a Hancock Fabrics purchase, who knows-- 

I used Bodice A with the even-hemmed bottom.  I actually cut out Bodice C first, but while talking to my daughter on the phone, she suggested I make the tube top.  Since I had enough fabric left, I did.  I'll use Bodice A for another project. 

I would definitely recommend this pattern to others and I'll probably make it again. 

This a very easy pattern that can be dressed up or down, depending on the fabric and accessories.  Love it!

4 comments:

  1. that looks stunning on you!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good decision by your daughter... it looks wonderful as the stripe is perfect for a tube tip. You suit it so well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! http://ayselmelike.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab! Sassy Sewing Bees https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete