Sunday, December 13, 2015

Color Blocked Butterick

Butterick 6104 and Butterick 5566
I entered Pattern Review's Color Blocked Contest last minute, but this time I actually completed my project on time, YAY. 

 
Pattern Descriptions: Fitted, lined jacket has princess seams. Semi-fitted, above mid-knee skirt with contrast sides. 

Pattern Sizing: Jacket sizes 8-24 and Skirt sizes 6-20.
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? The jacket looked sort of liked the pattern envelopes.  The skirt looked like the photo on the envelope.
   

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, both sets of instructions were easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like everything about the patterns and have no dislikes.

Fabric Used: I used a black and white Houndstooth Fukuro knit and black scuba knit, both from JoAnn Fabrics.  I saw the Houndstooth in a Fashion Fusion Magazine during my last JoAnn visit and snatched it up. 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added two inches to the length of the skirt and didn't make any design changes to the jacket except for the pattern layout.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would sew the jacket again.  This is the second, third, maybe the fourth time making this skirt, idk.  I would recommend both patterns to others. 

Conclusion: I highly recommend these patterns.


  Back view on Avril...




























5 comments:

  1. That suit is fabulous and you have a gorgeous smile!!

    StyleSewMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! your a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your suit ! I actually purchased the same fabric to make something else but I love the use of it in your suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your suit, I purchased the same fabric with another project in mine but i love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great suit. Sassy Sewing Bees https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete