Thursday, December 10, 2015

Vogue 7975--Sew Versatile

Vogue 7975 is a lined jacket in two lengths with a high round neckline and varying sleeve lengths.  
 
Vogue suggested wool and wool blends, tweeds, boucle, gabardine and medium-weight linen.  I used a Jewel Heist metallic houndstooth knit (that's a mouth full) fabric from JoAnn Fabrics. 
I saw this fabric in a magazine while in JoAnn Fabrics.  I walked up to the cutting counter with a little attitude and said to one of the sales clerk’s “why is it that you all have all of these nice fabrics in these magazines and not in the store?”  He told me to follow him and I did.  There was just enough left on the bolt to make the jacket, yay!  
                           
I didn’t have particular likes or dislikes about this pattern.  Actually, I never noticed the pattern until I saw it in a magazine.  The pattern instructions were very easy to follow.
My finished jacket looked like the drawing on the pattern envelope.  I made the long sleeve shorter version, with pockets and trim.  A close up picture on my dress form, Avril. 
 I was on a roll that day, JoAnn's even had the trim!
 

Between my stash fabric and all of the fabric I recently purchased from JoAnn and G-Street, yup, I hit both of them (a couple of months ago), this pattern isn't in my queue, at the moment. 
This jacket is sew versatile, it can be worn several ways!
        

 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like it! I saw that fabric in Joann's yesterday and fondled it for a while but couldn't imagine what to make out of it. Love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete