Saturday, March 5, 2016

Fashion Show Prep

I'm so excited! I have an opportunity to showcase a collection in a fashion show this October with the Ladies of Style.

I've been busy measuring models, sketching design ideas and buying fabric (my favorite part).  I'm on a roll, have everything spread out in my sewing room.  My plans are looking good. so good that I made a dress! The only thing about this dress is that it's not for the models or the fashion show. I don't know how I happened to pull out a piece of fabric and make myself another dress for work.   It's no secret, I'm a selfish seamstress and  my only client is me, with an occasional garment for my daughters.  This fashion show is taking me out of  my sewing comfort zone which is proving to be a little more challenging than I originally thought.


It's time for me to focus and get busy. Back to my sewing room...



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fashion show April, it sounds exciting! But don't forget the monthly project for yourself!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct. I've been focusing on the fashion show that I've not had a chance to do any sewing for myself. But, this week...I'm taking a break and doing me! Thanks for the reminder!!

      Delete
  2. Love the color and it fits you to a T. Great job!! Was this self drafted or a pattern? I am a selfish sewer also lol. I occasionally sew for my daughters and a good friend.

    ReplyDelete